Hitchin’s Priory pupil Lexi comes home from Cruft’s with top honours
- Credit: Archant
A Year 12 student from the Priory School had a double reason to celebrate after successfully exhibiting her two dogs at this year’s Crufts.
Lexi Birks took her Finnish Lapphund’s Kiittaa and Dotsie to the annual prestigious canine competition with Kiittaa placed third in her class and Dotsie coming first in hers.
Lexi’s mum Nicky Birks, of Grays Lane in Hitchin, said: “It was lovely. I’m so very proud of her. Lexi got a bit emotional with the success.
“It was also nice to see all the other owners and breeders take her under their wing, look after her and support her as she’s one of the youngest owners at Crufts. The atmosphere was great too, even if it was a little noisy with all the dogs barking.
“Lexi has been great – she’s done everything herself – all I do is just drive her to the events!”
You may also want to watch:
Priory School’s assistant headteacher Zoe Armitage said: “It’s great both of Lexi’s dogs have qualified for Crufts next year, and we hope for further success for Lexi and her beautiful dogs.”
Lexi added: “I was speechless.”
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises