Hitchin’s Priory pupil Lexi comes home from Cruft’s with top honours
- Credit: Archant
A Year 12 student from the Priory School had a double reason to celebrate after successfully exhibiting her two dogs at this year’s Crufts.
Lexi Birks took her Finnish Lapphund’s Kiittaa and Dotsie to the annual prestigious canine competition with Kiittaa placed third in her class and Dotsie coming first in hers.
Lexi’s mum Nicky Birks, of Grays Lane in Hitchin, said: “It was lovely. I’m so very proud of her. Lexi got a bit emotional with the success.
“It was also nice to see all the other owners and breeders take her under their wing, look after her and support her as she’s one of the youngest owners at Crufts. The atmosphere was great too, even if it was a little noisy with all the dogs barking.
“Lexi has been great – she’s done everything herself – all I do is just drive her to the events!”
Priory School’s assistant headteacher Zoe Armitage said: “It’s great both of Lexi’s dogs have qualified for Crufts next year, and we hope for further success for Lexi and her beautiful dogs.”
Lexi added: “I was speechless.”
- 1 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 2 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 6 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 10 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change