Hitchin’s popular Hitchin Chamber Orchestra returns to St Mary’s for a concert with some very talented youngsters ahead of Mothering Sunday!
- Credit: Archant
The popular Hitchin Chamber Orchestra returns to Hitchin’s St Mary’s Church on Saturday at 7.30pm – with some very talented youngsters!
The orchestra is always looking for innovative and exciting ways to present music and to develop its links into the community and beyond.
HCO will be joined by the North Herts Music School’s Intermediate String Orchestra directed by string teacher and coach, Naomi Morris.
The enthusiastic group of eight to 17 year-olds will be performing part of the concert alongside HCO as well as presenting a selection of their own repertoire, affording some of our most talented local young musicians an inspiring performance platform.
Naomi said: “The programme features popular classics such as Mozart’s celebrated ‘Eine kleine Nachtmusik’ alongside Karl Jenkin’s ‘Palladio,’ music from the film ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ and Johann Strauss’ ever-popular ‘Pizzicato Polka’.
You may also want to watch:
“Benjamin Britten’s ‘Simple Symphony’, a favourite of string players, provides ample opportunity for HCO to display its full range of tonal colour and emotion.”
HCO’s links with the North Herts Music School run deep.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
Naomi added: “A few of its most advanced students play regularly as members of the orchestra and a number of music school alumni have also joined its ranks.
“The weekend of our spring concert coincides with Mothering Sunday and this concert will be particularly special for three mothers in the HCO who will be performing with their children who are Music School students.”
Tickets are available in advance online from Eventbrite and in person from the Hitchin Initiative office, 27 Churchyard.
£10 in advance, £12 on the door with concessions for anyone in full-time education: £5/£6. Booking in advance is strongly advised to avoid disappointment.