Hitchin’s North Herts Sanctuary is a haven for an act of random kindness
- Credit: Archant
A homeless shelter in Hitchin has been the beneficiary of a mouth-watering random act of kindness – 12 free pizzas!
North Herts Sanctuary in Nightingale Road received the generous gesture from the kitchen at The Cricketers Pub in Weston to mark National Pizza Day on Thursday. The popular restaurant, owned by Anglian Country Inns, saw a dozen delicious home-baked pizzas delivered to the shelter’s residents.
General manager Marek Vlk, who made and delivered the freshly-cooked pizzas, said: “We’re great supporters of local initiatives and help fundraise for many causes.
“We agreed the sanctuary needed our practical support and a free lunch would be welcomed.”
For more on the pub’s cricket ball-shaped oven, see thecricketersweston.co.uk.
To find out more about the homeless shelter, see northhertssanctuary.org.uk.
- 1 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin