Hitchin’s kind-hearted Ethan busy working on fundraising project for air ambulance heroes
- Credit: Archant
A big-hearted seven-year-old from Hitchin has been busy working on a fundraising project to aid Herts Air Ambulance.
Ethan Scott, who attends Highbury Infant School and Nursery on Kerhsaw’s Hill, is a big fan of the emergency servies, in particular paramedics.
He is already a member of St John’s Ambulance, and was in the kids club the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance charity ran.
Unfortunately the air ambulance had to close the kids club – but Ethan still wanted to help.
Ethan mum’s Sarah explained: “The teachers at his school have noticed how enthusiastic and passionate he is about the emergency services and they chose him to be involved in a special group outside class time. Ethan constructed an entire presentation about Herts Air Ambulance.
“Everyone was so impressed with his presentation they have agreed to help.
“On Monday July 3, a booksale is going to take place at Ethan’s school. He’s arriving early to help set it all up.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 3 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 4 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 5 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 6 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 7 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 8 Our sporting stars celebrated with museum exhibition
- 9 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 10 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
“He is very excited and has been busy making posters to advertise the event.
“He’s been arranging everything with Herts Air Ambulance, having stickers posted to him so he can give one to every person that comes to the booksale.”
Essex and Herts Air Ambulance have been so impressed with Ethan’s hard work they even gave him a special tour of their headquarters where he met paramedics, and got to sit in the helicopter.
Inspirational Ethan, who already has a first aid kit and special pilot’s helmet said: “My dream when I am older is to be a paramedic for the air ambulance.”