Hitchin’s kind-hearted Ethan busy working on fundraising project for air ambulance heroes
- Credit: Archant
A big-hearted seven-year-old from Hitchin has been busy working on a fundraising project to aid Herts Air Ambulance.
Ethan Scott, who attends Highbury Infant School and Nursery on Kerhsaw’s Hill, is a big fan of the emergency servies, in particular paramedics.
He is already a member of St John’s Ambulance, and was in the kids club the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance charity ran.
Unfortunately the air ambulance had to close the kids club – but Ethan still wanted to help.
Ethan mum’s Sarah explained: “The teachers at his school have noticed how enthusiastic and passionate he is about the emergency services and they chose him to be involved in a special group outside class time. Ethan constructed an entire presentation about Herts Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone was so impressed with his presentation they have agreed to help.
“On Monday July 3, a booksale is going to take place at Ethan’s school. He’s arriving early to help set it all up.
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 7 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
“He is very excited and has been busy making posters to advertise the event.
“He’s been arranging everything with Herts Air Ambulance, having stickers posted to him so he can give one to every person that comes to the booksale.”
Essex and Herts Air Ambulance have been so impressed with Ethan’s hard work they even gave him a special tour of their headquarters where he met paramedics, and got to sit in the helicopter.
Inspirational Ethan, who already has a first aid kit and special pilot’s helmet said: “My dream when I am older is to be a paramedic for the air ambulance.”