Hitchin’s James Bay lands number one spot with debut album Chaos And The Calm
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin singer is celebrating after clinching the UK’s number one album spot yesterday.
Former Hitchin Boys’ School pupil James Bay entered the nation’s charts at number one after sales of his newly released debut album reached more than 64,000 in one week.
The 2015 Brits critics choice winner landed the coveted number 1 slot with his album Chaos And The Calm by dethroning Kendrick Lamar’s To Pimp a Butterfly.
James’s latest single Hold Back the River is currently at number 2 in the UK singles charts.
An ecstatic James wrote on Twitter to his legions of fans: “Thank you if you still go out to a record store to buy physical music.
You may also want to watch:
“Best week of my life. Thank you all for your amazing support. This has been the most surreal week. Right. Party starts now.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Have your say on parking restriction plans