Hitchin’s James Bay announces new album release and UK tour dates
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin singer James Bay has today announced when he will release his much-anticipated second album, Electric Light.
The follow-up to his multi-million-selling debut album Chaos & The Calm – which landed him BRIT and Ivor awards, and three Grammy nominations – is set to be released on Friday, May 18.
James, who is aspiring to push his own musical boundaries with Electric Light, said: “If I had to describe my first album visually it would probably be a flame – while this new album is about a real sonic and artistic evolution for me.
“The feeling of a 100 watt bulb expanding and brightening is what I envisioned. Electric Light came to my mind and I knew it was perfect.”
The release comes alongside UK tour dates, including London and Cambridge shows on May 29 and June 3 – with European shows in June, and a tour of North America in the autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Electric Light was composed in East London’s Baltic Studios, with James co-writing and co-producing alongside friend and collaborator Jon Green. He also brought in Paul Epworth, known for his work with Adele, to work on the record’s production.
Former Hitchin Boys’ School student James sold out this month’s London show in minutes, as well as his nine-show pring headline tour of the United States.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 9 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
Fans can now pre-order Electric Light and unlock an instant download of the first single, Wild Love, and the newly-released Pink Lemonade.
Premiering on Apple Music Beats 1 radio today, Pink Lemonade showcases the 27-year-old’s evolution with a louder sound and transistor guitars. The single comes out ahead of Bay’s NBC Saturday Night Live debut performance this Saturday.
Released on February 8, single Wild Love has already reached 10 million Spotify streams and counting, in addition to racking up nearly three million views from its official music video – which co-stars Stranger Things star Natalia Dyer.
Fans can gain access to pre-sale tickets with any purchase from the online shop at jamesbay.com. Pre-sale tickets will available from 10am on Wednesday, with tickets going on open sale from next Friday.