Hitchin’s Celebrity Masterchef winner Emma Kennedy speak to the Comet
THE winner of Celebrity MasterChef 2012 said the experience was so intense it “verged on horrific”.
Actor and author Emma Kennedy, a former pupil of Whitehill Junior School and Hitchin Girls’ School, wowed judges John Torode and Gregg Wallace with a winning three-course menu of pea, mint and ricotta ravioli, pan fried turbot and poached meringue.
Of her win, Emma said: “I’m delighted and astonished. I didn’t think I was remotely going to win. I thought I would be in MasterChef for a week tops.”
She continued: “The thing I found the most stressful were the eliminations. I just found them deeply upsetting. We had made really good friends and it was horrible seeing people go home.
“The final week was so intense. You are just going at 100 miles an hour. It’s all a blur really.”
You may also want to watch:
Asked what she found most difficult, Emma said: “Cooking to time. It verged on horrific. The judges are telling you you have five minutes left and all you want to do is turn round and punch them to the floor.”
Emma lived in Hitchin from the age of six and, although no longer a resident, goes back to the town every Sunday to see her parents, who still live in the same house on London Road.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
The town holds fond memories for Emma. “I was so happy at Hitchin Girls’ School,” she said. “I loved going to school and was in all the sports teams.”