Hitchin’s Celebrity Masterchef finalist
CELEBRITY Masterchef contestant and Hitchin woman Emma Kennedy is getting ready for tonight’s final.
The writer, actor and author is one of three finalists taking part in tonight’s (Friday’s) grand final of the hit BBC TV show.
Former Hitchin Girls’ School pupil Emma, is taking on England footballer Danny Mills and TV presenter Michael Underwood.
Emma’s dad Tony Williams told the Comet, he and wife Glenda would be glued to the screen, watching their daughter as she had been sworn to secrecy about the show’s outcome.
He said: “As she went through each week, it was very exciting.
“She was always a good cook for home cooking.” Mr Williams said Emma had dedicated a lot of time to the show and had managed to get experience in top restaurants to hone her skills.
“She was doing a lot of her practice meals here in Hitchin and some in her flat in London,” he said.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
“We had to give her feedback and one of the dishes really was the best meal I’ve ever tasted.
“We’re absolutely proud.”
The final is on BBC Two at 6.30pm tonight (Friday).