Hitchin’s Celebrity Masterchef finalist
CELEBRITY Masterchef contestant and Hitchin woman Emma Kennedy is getting ready for tonight’s final.
The writer, actor and author is one of three finalists taking part in tonight’s (Friday’s) grand final of the hit BBC TV show.
Former Hitchin Girls’ School pupil Emma, is taking on England footballer Danny Mills and TV presenter Michael Underwood.
Emma’s dad Tony Williams told the Comet, he and wife Glenda would be glued to the screen, watching their daughter as she had been sworn to secrecy about the show’s outcome.
He said: “As she went through each week, it was very exciting.
You may also want to watch:
“She was always a good cook for home cooking.” Mr Williams said Emma had dedicated a lot of time to the show and had managed to get experience in top restaurants to hone her skills.
“She was doing a lot of her practice meals here in Hitchin and some in her flat in London,” he said.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
“We had to give her feedback and one of the dishes really was the best meal I’ve ever tasted.
“We’re absolutely proud.”
The final is on BBC Two at 6.30pm tonight (Friday).