Hitchin’s brilliant blogger Katy makes top lifestyle shortlist
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin mum-of-three has been nominated for a family blogging award.
Lifestyle blogger Katy Flint is a finalist in the 2017 Brilliance in Blogging awards, in the Best Family Blog category.
Her blog ‘What Katy Said’ shares her everyday moments and adventures as a family of five, appealing to other mums and dads with young children.
Former teacher turned lifestyle blogger Katy took up online writing about pre-school matters for mums three years ago.
The main aim of her blog is to connect with others, and to share the ups and downs of parenting through her own experiences.
You may also want to watch:
The creator and editor of What Katy Said told the Comet: “I am absolutely thrilled to have made it to the finals – to win it would be a dream come true.”
Thousands of votes were cast across 11 categories for the awards, which are organised by BritMums – a large and influential collective of lifestyle bloggers and social influencers.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
Katy – who now has more than 14,000 followers on her Twitter account, and nearly 10,000 on Instagram – shares regular blogs on everything from the fact it’s free to climb Big Ben to analysing why toddlers have mood swings.
Follow her on both platforms using the handle @WhatKatySaidUK.
The BiBs ceremony will be held at the BritMums Live 2017 conference on Saturday, September 30.
To find out more see britmums.com/awards.