Hitchin’s Amy is aiming to get your juices flowing
- Credit: Archant
A new business venture is sure to get the juices flowing – Hitchin-based Health and Happiness nutrition bills itself as the first raw juice business in Hertfordshire
H&H founder Amy Huggins, who lives in the town, said goodbye to a career in the fashion industry to follow her passion for naturopathic nutrition, with an emphasis on raw juices.
Amy said: “My background is working for large brands like Converse and Nike in product creation.
“But I’ve always been interested in nutrition so I decided to take the plunge and start H&H.
“They say if you do something you love you’ll never work a day in your life.
You may also want to watch:
“We offer bespoke, guided, juice cleanses, with support before, during and after the cleanse beginning with an individual consultation. All juices are organic and cold pressed, ensuring maximum nutrients are retained. We use in season, locally sourced, organic vegetables.
“At the moment we are using a lot of beetroot, carrots, apples and pears. They’re rich in antioxidants, and give a huge boost to your immune system.
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 7 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
“The amount of goodness in our servings contain more than your five a day – it’s more like 10 to 15, which is what your body actually needs.
“Our juice is so good for you, it helps your body refresh itself and gives it the goodness it needs for healthy skin and vitality.
“I do all the juicing from my kitchen, then I do all the deliveries myself.
“I have only just started but a woman who was been trying my juices for five days has already lost more than seven pounds and says she feels far more energetic now.
“My most popular smoothie with people in Hitchin is my ‘milk and cookies’ derived from almonds and avocado – it tastes like a chocolate milkshake.
“The feedback has been so positive. There are lots of juice bars in London but this is the first such provision in Hitchin.
“I’d really like H&H to be a brand. I’d like to educate children in terms of nutrition.
“It’s a big jump from what I did before but it gives me immense satisfaction to be doing something I absolutely love – but it’s my baby, as I turn my hobby into a career. I’m so glad I’ve done it.
“I’m working harder than I’ve ever done – but it’s far more satisfying than selling a million pairs of trainers.”
Find out more online at www.healthandhappinessnutrition.com.