Hitchin runner to take on London Marathon in rhino suit
A Hitchin runner is set to take on Sunday’s London Marathon dressed a rhino to raise money for Save The Rhino International.
Dave Wardle, who runs for Hitchin Hares, is hoping to raise £2,500 for the charity.
He has been training using weighted backpacks, due to the weight of the rhino suit.
“The heat and visibility will be my biggest challenges,” he explained.
“The suit does not allow for much ventilation, it is more like running in a tent.
You may also want to watch:
“I trialled the suit over the bank holiday weekend taking part in the Hitchin Hares Good Friday pub run and Stevenage parkrun on Saturday to familiarise myself with running in the suit.
“Fingers crossed for cool weather on Sunday as I should be on for a good time after the hard work and training I have put in.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
To sponsor Dave, visit www.uk.virginmoneygiving.com/DaveWardle1.