Hitchin runner to take on London Marathon in rhino suit
A Hitchin runner is set to take on Sunday’s London Marathon dressed a rhino to raise money for Save The Rhino International.
Dave Wardle, who runs for Hitchin Hares, is hoping to raise £2,500 for the charity.
He has been training using weighted backpacks, due to the weight of the rhino suit.
“The heat and visibility will be my biggest challenges,” he explained.
“The suit does not allow for much ventilation, it is more like running in a tent.
You may also want to watch:
“I trialled the suit over the bank holiday weekend taking part in the Hitchin Hares Good Friday pub run and Stevenage parkrun on Saturday to familiarise myself with running in the suit.
“Fingers crossed for cool weather on Sunday as I should be on for a good time after the hard work and training I have put in.”
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
To sponsor Dave, visit www.uk.virginmoneygiving.com/DaveWardle1.