Hitchin Rugby Club host hugely successful Sponsors Dinner – with international referee Wayne Barnes on the mike
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin Rugby Club held a hugely successful Sponsors Dinner at their base in Old Hale Way last week.
The popular community-minded club who play their home games at King George V Playing Fields sold out the event with more than 130 people in attendance.
The club also hosted international referee Wayne Barnes, two days before he refereed the Wales v Ireland Six Nations match at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, as the top level referee shared his amusing anecdotes and insights into international rugby.
Wayne was joined by cheeky northern comic Lea Roberts whose observational humour had the crowd in stitches.
Treasurer and club stalwart Chris Jones who was also present told the Comet: “It was an enjoyable evening.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to all who came. People have been telling us it was the best sponsors dinner since the event began in 1982.”
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?