Police reappeal for witnesses after ‘unprovoked attack’ in Hitchin pub
- Credit: Archant
Police are today reappealing for witnesses to what they describe as an “unprovoked attack” in a Hitchin pub which left a teenager with facial injuries.
The appeal relates to an alleged assault at the Rose and Crown in Market Place during the early hours of Friday, April 13.
Officers say a dispute broke out in the pub just after midnight between a group of approximately four men.
A man in his late teens is said to have attempted to intervene to break up the argument, but was hit in the face by one of the other men. The teenager sustained injuries to his face.
The four other men have been described by police as white and with Irish accents. They left the venue shortly after the incident occurred and are believed to have got into a taxi outside Starbucks.
Det Sgt Will Ainsworth from Hitchin’s Local Crime Unit said: “We originally appealed for information regarding this incident on April 13. I am now reappealing to anyone who was in the pub at the time of the offence and saw the incident happen to please get in touch as soon as possible.
“This was an unprovoked attack and we are doing everything we can to identify those responsible. Any information you provide, no matter how seemingly insignificant, could prove to be crucial to our investigation.”
Anyone who has any information is asked to contact Herts police via the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference G1/18/1156 or report information online at www.herts.police.uk/report.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening