Hitchin Rock Choir fill St Mary’s for Samaritans fundraising gig
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin’s historic parish church was packed on Saturday for an electrifying concert in aid of the Samaritans charity.
Hitchin Rock Choir’s concert at St Mary’s Church drew a crowd of about 400, with proceeds going to support the Samaritans of North Herts and Stevenage.
The choir of more than 70 singers, conducted by Lizzie Deane, performed a range of contemporary pop songs including Mr Blue Sky, Halo and Higher Love.
Guest soloist Pippa Gearing topped off the performance with her powerful rendition of James Bond theme song Skyfall.
A spokeswoman for the charity said: “This was definitely a night to remember.
You may also want to watch:
“This concert will help ensure Samaritans of North Herts & Stevenage can continue to be there 24 hours a day, seven days a week to support people in despair and distress by giving them a safe space where they can talk and be listened to.”
To find out more, see samaritans.org/branches/samaritans-north-herts-and-stevenage.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 4 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 5 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 8 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 9 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park