Hitchin Rock Choir fill St Mary’s for Samaritans fundraising gig
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin’s historic parish church was packed on Saturday for an electrifying concert in aid of the Samaritans charity.
Hitchin Rock Choir’s concert at St Mary’s Church drew a crowd of about 400, with proceeds going to support the Samaritans of North Herts and Stevenage.
The choir of more than 70 singers, conducted by Lizzie Deane, performed a range of contemporary pop songs including Mr Blue Sky, Halo and Higher Love.
Guest soloist Pippa Gearing topped off the performance with her powerful rendition of James Bond theme song Skyfall.
A spokeswoman for the charity said: “This was definitely a night to remember.
“This concert will help ensure Samaritans of North Herts & Stevenage can continue to be there 24 hours a day, seven days a week to support people in despair and distress by giving them a safe space where they can talk and be listened to.”
To find out more, see samaritans.org/branches/samaritans-north-herts-and-stevenage.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company