Hitchin robber attacks victim with his own umbrella
- Credit: Archant
A man was pushed over and attacked with his own umbrella in Hitchin by a robber who then walked off with the brolly at the weekend.
Police said the robbery happened in Old Hale Way at about 3.50pm on Saturday when, after a brief exchange with the victim, a man pushed him the ground.
He took the man’s umbrella, struck him with it and then walked off with it.
Officers have since released a CCTV image of a man they want to speak to in connection with the robbery.
Det Con Kerry Burrows, from the Hitchin local crime unit, said: “While the image we have is not great quality, the clothing the man is wearing is quite distinctive. He has been described as being an Asian man, aged in his late 30s to early 40s, over 6ft tall with a long black bushy beard to his chest.
You may also want to watch:
“The trousers he is wearing have a yellow stripe down each leg. I would like to speak to this man as he may be able to progress our enquiries.
“I would also like to hear from anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the area between the times stated, or has any further information that could assist us with our investigation.”
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 4 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 5 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 6 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 7 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 10 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful