Hitchin road disruption to begin Sunday
THE second phase of major road works in Hitchin has been brought forward. Herts Highways resurfacing programme in the town is ahead of schedule and the new phase of work on Bedford Road will now start on Sunday. Disruption is expected to last until Thu
THE second phase of major road works in Hitchin has been brought forward.
Herts Highways' resurfacing programme in the town is ahead of schedule and the new phase of work on Bedford Road will now start on Sunday.
Disruption is expected to last until Thursday between the hours of 7am and 7pm.
The southbound lane of the A505 Bedford Road from Fishponds Road, and the whole of Old Park Road to the junction of Brand Street and Paynes Park will be closed with diversions in place.
A Herts County Council spokesman said every effort will be made to reopen Bedford Road during the evening rush hour, but this may not always be possible. Pedestrian access to the medical centre and church on Bedford Road will be maintained.
Work on Oughton Head Way and Grammar Walk will begin on March 9 to March 11 between 7.30pm and 5pm.
- 1 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 2 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 6 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 10 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
Old Park Road will be closed with access for residents only while controlled access to Oughton Head Way and Grammar School walk will be in place.
The council warn that bus services will be affected. Details of changes will be posted on bus stops.