Hitchin road disruption to begin Sunday
THE second phase of major road works in Hitchin has been brought forward. Herts Highways resurfacing programme in the town is ahead of schedule and the new phase of work on Bedford Road will now start on Sunday. Disruption is expected to last until Thu
THE second phase of major road works in Hitchin has been brought forward.
Herts Highways' resurfacing programme in the town is ahead of schedule and the new phase of work on Bedford Road will now start on Sunday.
Disruption is expected to last until Thursday between the hours of 7am and 7pm.
The southbound lane of the A505 Bedford Road from Fishponds Road, and the whole of Old Park Road to the junction of Brand Street and Paynes Park will be closed with diversions in place.
A Herts County Council spokesman said every effort will be made to reopen Bedford Road during the evening rush hour, but this may not always be possible. Pedestrian access to the medical centre and church on Bedford Road will be maintained.
Work on Oughton Head Way and Grammar Walk will begin on March 9 to March 11 between 7.30pm and 5pm.
- 1 Molly-Mae Hague announces pregnancy in adorable Instagram video
- 2 Two arrests made in connection with Stevenage brawl
- 3 Have your say on plans to redevelop The Forum in Stevenage
- 4 Possible changes to bin collections in North Herts
- 5 Player ratings: Stevenage's players assessed in the win over Harrogate
- 6 Chocolates sold at Tesco stores recalled after health risk discovered
- 7 Man reportedly 'exposed himself' in front of 14-year-old girl on Thameslink train
- 8 'Terrible' oil spill in Hitchin river causes multiple bird deaths
- 9 Strike to hit Thameslink on bumper day for Premier League football
- 10 Stevenage stabbings: Three men suffer life-changing injuries
Old Park Road will be closed with access for residents only while controlled access to Oughton Head Way and Grammar School walk will be in place.
The council warn that bus services will be affected. Details of changes will be posted on bus stops.