Hitchin road disruption to begin Sunday
THE second phase of major road works in Hitchin has been brought forward. Herts Highways resurfacing programme in the town is ahead of schedule and the new phase of work on Bedford Road will now start on Sunday. Disruption is expected to last until Thu
THE second phase of major road works in Hitchin has been brought forward.
Herts Highways' resurfacing programme in the town is ahead of schedule and the new phase of work on Bedford Road will now start on Sunday.
Disruption is expected to last until Thursday between the hours of 7am and 7pm.
The southbound lane of the A505 Bedford Road from Fishponds Road, and the whole of Old Park Road to the junction of Brand Street and Paynes Park will be closed with diversions in place.
You may also want to watch:
A Herts County Council spokesman said every effort will be made to reopen Bedford Road during the evening rush hour, but this may not always be possible. Pedestrian access to the medical centre and church on Bedford Road will be maintained.
Work on Oughton Head Way and Grammar Walk will begin on March 9 to March 11 between 7.30pm and 5pm.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
Old Park Road will be closed with access for residents only while controlled access to Oughton Head Way and Grammar School walk will be in place.
The council warn that bus services will be affected. Details of changes will be posted on bus stops.