Hitchin retro reunion Back To School-ival is a huge success!
- Credit: Archant
A charity sporting reunion was a great success on Saturday – with the organiser promising to bring it back next year.
Back to School-ival, a retro sporting event held at King George V playing fields saw around 180 rugby players and 25 netball teams take part, with more than 600 people in total catching up with old pals from schools from Hitchin, Letchworth and Stevenage.
Organiser Adam Howard said: “It went really well. All the feedback I had was positive with everyone saying they had a great time.
“It was great to see such an amazing turnout. I heard so many people say they would get in touch with people who weren’t there on the day to make sure they come next year – so Back to School-ival 2016 promises to be even bigger.
“We’re still totting up the money we raised for North Herts Sanctuary but it was great to see so many people donate.
You may also want to watch:
“A big thank you to everyone on the day – and the Comet for backing such a brilliant community event.”
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site