Hitchin pupils achieve success at national institute of sport watched by proud parents!
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and parents from a Hitchin school made the long drive up to Sheffield for a national lacrosse tournament – but the trip was worth it as they achieved success.
Sporty youngsters from William Ransom Primary School on Stuart Drive travelled to compete in the National Pop Lacrosse Championship at the England Institute of Sport on Sunday.
The group, including captain Callum Every, Freddie and Joseph Waite, Harry McDonald, Bethia Mitchell, Jorja Uys, Erica Morey and Abigail Farrington lost their first two games in their group, drew the third, winning the fourth convincingly – putting them through to the plate playoffs.
They then had three strong wins against some tough opponents to the win the plate in extra time.
Erica’s mum Rachel Morey told the Comet: “It was a long trip up to Sheffield but worth the drive to see the children do so well.
You may also want to watch:
“We are so proud of Erica and all her teammates. We are delighted for them.
“A big thank you to the teachers and everyone else who came.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation