Loo-tiful! Hitchin pub recognised in national toilet awards
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin pub has had its loos commended in a national award that celebrates the best toilets in the country.
The Angel Vaults Inn, in Sun Street, has seen been handed a ‘Platinum’ rating by inspectors from the Loo of the Year Awards.
The Loo of the Year awards, first introduced in 1987, celebrate the nation’s best toilets – highlighting the exceptionally high standards of ‘away from home’ facilities.
Toilets are ranked silver, gold, platinum or diamond depending on their maintenance, cleanliness, handwashing and drying equipment, accessibility and overall management.
Reece Egerton, manager at the pub, said he was “delighted” when he heard the news, and explained how his team keep the toilets squeaky clean.
You may also want to watch:
“Staff at the pub always ensure the toilets are in first-class condition, and it’s great that this has been recognised.”
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 7 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 8 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 9 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 10 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers