Hitchin Priory under new management
- Credit: Archant
ONE of Comet country’s biggest hotels and wedding venues is under new management.
Chartridge has handed over responsibility of Hitchin Priory, as well as three other centres, to Hamilton Hotel Partners.
The Comet made enquiries as to whether the venue would change ownership, but at the time of going to press received no response.
A Chartridge spokesman, however, did say the change was not down to financial difficulties, but was just “too good an opportunity to miss”.
In a statement, founding director Peter Darnell said: “Barry Wilson [fellow director] and I would like to thank all the staff, clients and suppliers for their support and loyalty during the last 15 years which has been a major contribution to the success of Chartridge.
You may also want to watch:
“The values and standards that have become synonymous with Chartridge will not diminish nor will the professionalism of the teams at each venue who will continue to offer the highest level of service and quality that all Chartridge clients have rightly come to expect.”
The change in the management structure will not affect clients, suppliers, or staff.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
Chartridge could not say how long the plans had been in the pipeline for, but denied the cancellation of Rhythms of the World – which was based at the venue – was because of the changeover.