Hitchin Priory under new management
- Credit: Archant
ONE of Comet country’s biggest hotels and wedding venues is under new management.
Chartridge has handed over responsibility of Hitchin Priory, as well as three other centres, to Hamilton Hotel Partners.
The Comet made enquiries as to whether the venue would change ownership, but at the time of going to press received no response.
A Chartridge spokesman, however, did say the change was not down to financial difficulties, but was just “too good an opportunity to miss”.
In a statement, founding director Peter Darnell said: “Barry Wilson [fellow director] and I would like to thank all the staff, clients and suppliers for their support and loyalty during the last 15 years which has been a major contribution to the success of Chartridge.
“The values and standards that have become synonymous with Chartridge will not diminish nor will the professionalism of the teams at each venue who will continue to offer the highest level of service and quality that all Chartridge clients have rightly come to expect.”
The change in the management structure will not affect clients, suppliers, or staff.
- 1 Have your say on plans to redevelop The Forum in Stevenage
- 2 Multiple homes burgled in Letchworth
- 3 Letchworth pond tested and fish removed after animals found dead
- 4 Molly-Mae Hague announces pregnancy in adorable Instagram video
- 5 Stevenage Railway Station: Normal train service resumes after major repairs
- 6 Baby Asian elephant calf named 'Queen' at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 8 100 Herts police officers to carry nasal spray to prevent drug deaths
- 9 Standalone 10k keeps getting better and better says race boss
- 10 Chocolates sold at Tesco stores recalled after health risk discovered
Chartridge could not say how long the plans had been in the pipeline for, but denied the cancellation of Rhythms of the World – which was based at the venue – was because of the changeover.