Hitchin Priory under new management
- Credit: Archant
ONE of Comet country’s biggest hotels and wedding venues is under new management.
Chartridge has handed over responsibility of Hitchin Priory, as well as three other centres, to Hamilton Hotel Partners.
The Comet made enquiries as to whether the venue would change ownership, but at the time of going to press received no response.
A Chartridge spokesman, however, did say the change was not down to financial difficulties, but was just “too good an opportunity to miss”.
In a statement, founding director Peter Darnell said: “Barry Wilson [fellow director] and I would like to thank all the staff, clients and suppliers for their support and loyalty during the last 15 years which has been a major contribution to the success of Chartridge.
“The values and standards that have become synonymous with Chartridge will not diminish nor will the professionalism of the teams at each venue who will continue to offer the highest level of service and quality that all Chartridge clients have rightly come to expect.”
The change in the management structure will not affect clients, suppliers, or staff.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
Chartridge could not say how long the plans had been in the pipeline for, but denied the cancellation of Rhythms of the World – which was based at the venue – was because of the changeover.