Hitchin pressure point to save lives
A HOSPITAL is taking the pressure as part of a national campaign. Pinehill Hospital in Hitchin is one of hundreds up and down the country taking part in Know Your Numbers Week, the nation s biggest blood pressure testing event run by UK charity The Blood
A HOSPITAL is taking the pressure as part of a national campaign.
Pinehill Hospital in Hitchin is one of hundreds up and down the country taking part in Know Your Numbers Week, the nation's biggest blood pressure testing event run by UK charity The Blood Pressure Association.
The campaign has been set up to identify those one in three adults who have the condition and who could be putting themselves at risk of stroke and heart attack.
Jacqueline Hunter, outpatients manager at Pinehill, said: "The nursing staff at Pinehill are keen to show their support for this national campaign and we hope that people who live or work near the hospital will take advantage of this free check."
You may also want to watch:
You can find out your numbers on Wednesday between 10am and midday and 1pm and 4pm.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation