Hitchin pre-school calls for memories ahead of 50th birthday
- Credit: Archant
The team at a Hitchin pre-school are putting out the call for former pupils and staff to get in touch ahead of its 50th birthday.
Tilehouse Street Pre-school and Nursery is to celebrate 50 years on June 9 – with all former students, staff and committee members invited.
Those coming include former staff member Meg Granger, who received her invitation in person from current pre-schoolers Adam Davis and Rowan Lees.
Meg has seen four children and three grandchildren pass through the pre-school. She said: “Some things have changed, but children are still children.”
Abbie Carpenter, one of the organising team, said: “We would love someone who was at Tilehouse Street in 1968 to come forward!
“The event will celebrate the first 50 years of Tilehouse Street, while raising money to update the IT facilities in the pre-school and new nursery room ready for another fantastic 50 years.”
If you’d like to attend the event, or have a story or memories to share, email THSCommittee@outlook.com.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
- 8 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 9 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 10 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review