Hitchin pre-school calls for memories ahead of 50th birthday
- Credit: Archant
The team at a Hitchin pre-school are putting out the call for former pupils and staff to get in touch ahead of its 50th birthday.
Tilehouse Street Pre-school and Nursery is to celebrate 50 years on June 9 – with all former students, staff and committee members invited.
Those coming include former staff member Meg Granger, who received her invitation in person from current pre-schoolers Adam Davis and Rowan Lees.
Meg has seen four children and three grandchildren pass through the pre-school. She said: “Some things have changed, but children are still children.”
Abbie Carpenter, one of the organising team, said: “We would love someone who was at Tilehouse Street in 1968 to come forward!
You may also want to watch:
“The event will celebrate the first 50 years of Tilehouse Street, while raising money to update the IT facilities in the pre-school and new nursery room ready for another fantastic 50 years.”
If you’d like to attend the event, or have a story or memories to share, email THSCommittee@outlook.com.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?