Hitchin Poppy Appeal raises more than £28,000 for Royal British Legion
- Credit: Archant
The Poppy Appeal organiser for the Hitchin area has announced that more than £28,000 has been raised in the town this year.
The sum will make its way to the Royal British Legion’s national appeal.
Hitchin and district organiser Tony Norgan said: “I want to thank the people of Hitchin who contributed most generously, those with premises who agreed to support us, reservists, cadets, Town Centre Rangers, police and the fire brigade.
“Above all I want to thank our volunteers, who are essential in making this a success.”
Next year, 2018, marks a century since the end of the conflict – and Tony said the call on the Legion’s funding was greater than ever.
You may also want to watch:
He has called on volunteers to make themselves available to help. All are welcome, but the Legion is particularly keen for veterans to get involved.
- 1 Concerns raised for homeless man recovering from COVID-19
- 2 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 3 Arrest made after indecent exposure incident
- 4 Work begins on £20m John Barker Place regeneration
- 5 14 beautiful pictures showcase snowy Stevenage and Hitchin
- 6 Stevenage COVID-19 cases fall as Herts death toll doubles
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 Health column: The pivotal role GPs play in delivering the COVID-19 vaccination
- 9 Market Theatre planning application withdrawn after community backlash to flats plan
- 10 Quadruple amputee learns to sew with prosthetics to raise money to help deprived African children