Hitchin Poppy Appeal raises more than £28,000 for Royal British Legion
- Credit: Archant
The Poppy Appeal organiser for the Hitchin area has announced that more than £28,000 has been raised in the town this year.
The sum will make its way to the Royal British Legion’s national appeal.
Hitchin and district organiser Tony Norgan said: “I want to thank the people of Hitchin who contributed most generously, those with premises who agreed to support us, reservists, cadets, Town Centre Rangers, police and the fire brigade.
“Above all I want to thank our volunteers, who are essential in making this a success.”
Next year, 2018, marks a century since the end of the conflict – and Tony said the call on the Legion’s funding was greater than ever.
He has called on volunteers to make themselves available to help. All are welcome, but the Legion is particularly keen for veterans to get involved.
- 1 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 2 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 6 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 10 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs