Hitchin Poppy Appeal raises more than £28,000 for Royal British Legion
- Credit: Archant
The Poppy Appeal organiser for the Hitchin area has announced that more than £28,000 has been raised in the town this year.
The sum will make its way to the Royal British Legion’s national appeal.
Hitchin and district organiser Tony Norgan said: “I want to thank the people of Hitchin who contributed most generously, those with premises who agreed to support us, reservists, cadets, Town Centre Rangers, police and the fire brigade.
“Above all I want to thank our volunteers, who are essential in making this a success.”
Next year, 2018, marks a century since the end of the conflict – and Tony said the call on the Legion’s funding was greater than ever.
You may also want to watch:
He has called on volunteers to make themselves available to help. All are welcome, but the Legion is particularly keen for veterans to get involved.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 3 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation