Hitchin petrol station cordoned off after fight as officers arrest suspected car thief
- Credit: Archant
A suspected car thief is in custody after a fight at a Hitchin petrol station last night left a man with head and neck cuts requiring hospital treatment.
Police were called to the Esso station in Nightingale Road at 3.09am this morning to reports of a fight involving two men and a woman, who officers believe are all known to each other.
An 18-year-old woman from Hitchin has been arrested on suspicion of taking a vehicle without consent, and remains in police custody.
The fight had ended by the time police arrived. A man had suffered cuts to his head and neck, and was taken to hospital by officers for treatment.
Police cordons remained up at the scene until about 9am today. A force spokeswoman told the Comet this afternoon that officers were still “working to establish the exact circumstances surrounding the incident”.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting crime reference G1/17/2715.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation