Penco store set for closure after 23 years in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin party and balloon store Penco is set for closure after trading in Hermitage Road for 23 years.
The store, which has provided balloons for Strictly Come Dancing sets, will close next week ahead of the retirement of owner Jeff Howard.
He told the Comet: “I’m sad to see it go, it’s served me well over the last 23 years, but it’s time for me to retire.
“I’m 67 this year and I want to enjoy myself for a while.
“It’s the final week coming up – we close our doors for the last time on May 4. After that we will be online on Amazon and Ebay to sell the remaining stock.
“We will continue to sell balloons, which has been the best part of the business for the last 12 years or so.
“I will miss the market, and seeing people face to face.
- 1 'Grave concerns' over survival of hospitality businesses amid rising costs
- 2 Letchworth man found with 'cannabis and bread knife' in Hitchin
- 3 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 4 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 5 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 6 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 7 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 8 Rose: 'Five subs mean it is more a team thing and we've utilised that'
- 9 National award for Hitchin property company
- 10 The Nickelodeon Experience brings kids' TV favourites to Knebworth House for immersive adventures
“I’d like to thank all of our customers for supporting us over the last 23 years.”