Penco store set for closure after 23 years in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin party and balloon store Penco is set for closure after trading in Hermitage Road for 23 years.
The store, which has provided balloons for Strictly Come Dancing sets, will close next week ahead of the retirement of owner Jeff Howard.
He told the Comet: “I’m sad to see it go, it’s served me well over the last 23 years, but it’s time for me to retire.
“I’m 67 this year and I want to enjoy myself for a while.
“It’s the final week coming up – we close our doors for the last time on May 4. After that we will be online on Amazon and Ebay to sell the remaining stock.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to sell balloons, which has been the best part of the business for the last 12 years or so.
“I will miss the market, and seeing people face to face.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
“I’d like to thank all of our customers for supporting us over the last 23 years.”