Penco store set for closure after 23 years in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin party and balloon store Penco is set for closure after trading in Hermitage Road for 23 years.
The store, which has provided balloons for Strictly Come Dancing sets, will close next week ahead of the retirement of owner Jeff Howard.
He told the Comet: “I’m sad to see it go, it’s served me well over the last 23 years, but it’s time for me to retire.
“I’m 67 this year and I want to enjoy myself for a while.
“It’s the final week coming up – we close our doors for the last time on May 4. After that we will be online on Amazon and Ebay to sell the remaining stock.
“We will continue to sell balloons, which has been the best part of the business for the last 12 years or so.
“I will miss the market, and seeing people face to face.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 3 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 4 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 5 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 6 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
- 7 Seriously injured assault victim waited FOUR hours in ambulance outside Lister
- 8 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 9 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'wonderful and caring' husband and father
“I’d like to thank all of our customers for supporting us over the last 23 years.”