Hitchin online estate agent to star on Channel 4’s How To Sell Your Home
- Credit: Archant
A successful online estate agent is set to star on national television alongside a television celebrity next month after being chosen to help sell a client’s house.
Adam Day, the managing director of Hitchin-based Hatched.co.uk will appear on property developer, broadcaster and presenter Sarah Beeny’s new Channel 4 show How To Sell Your Home.
Adam said: “We are massively honoured to be selected. It’s a huge achievement, as the customer we sold for on the show chose us independently.
“Channel Four push the boundaries – they’ve seen the idea of online estate agents and believe it will get people watching.”
The programme follows homeowners who ditch traditional estate agents as they try to sell their homes online, with the particular episode featuring Adam due to air on November 20.
You may also want to watch:
Adam explained: “I didn’t actually meet Sarah during the making of the programme. Sarah did the ‘recce’ and explained how to dress the house, but a week later the house was a complete mess. It was an absolute tip – I don’t think the person who was trying to sell actually took her advice. If you want to know more you’ll have to watch the programme – I’m not allowed to tell you any more than that.”
Adam started Hatched.co.uk eight years ago and now employs 14 staff in Hitchin, with eight agents nationwide.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
He said: “We started out in a cramped office on Walsworth Road and just kept growing and growing.
“We upgraded to a place on Brand Street without any major investment from anyone.
“We have saved customers in North Herts over £1m in estate agency fees over the last eight years.”
“I had previously worked for a traditional high street estate agent but the internet has made the world a smaller place.
“I got frustrated as I couldn’t sell to customers outside my area.
“With Hatched we cover the whole country and save our clients money.”