Hitchin author sees international lockdown success after book launch
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin–based author has seen her debut crime novel shoot up the charts, as she says more people turned to E-books during lockdown.
Diana Wilkinson has certainly had a lockdown to remember, with the launch of her debut crime novel 4 Riverside Close proving to be an international hit.
The former tennis player was inspired to write this critically–acclaimed psychological thriller after her years of coaching and from confidences shared over coffees.
Diana’s publishers, Bloodhound Books in Cambridge, concentrate on e-book sales and she admits that the March book launch was perfect timing – with more than 40,000 sales across the UK and USA already.
She said: “I can finally tell people I’m a full–time author. My second book, You Are Mine came out June, 1 and is already rising up the charts behind it’s big sister.
You may also want to watch:
“Getting top reviews from the reading public is amazing but a writer has to develop a thick skin in the face of not-so-positive reviews.
“My third novel is due for publication in January and undergoing final edits at the moment and my fourth book is also under way.”
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 8 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 9 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
4 Riverside Close and You Are Mine are both available to buy as E-book or paperback on Amazon.