Hitchin author sees international lockdown success after book launch
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin–based author has seen her debut crime novel shoot up the charts, as she says more people turned to E-books during lockdown.
Diana Wilkinson has certainly had a lockdown to remember, with the launch of her debut crime novel 4 Riverside Close proving to be an international hit.
The former tennis player was inspired to write this critically–acclaimed psychological thriller after her years of coaching and from confidences shared over coffees.
Diana’s publishers, Bloodhound Books in Cambridge, concentrate on e-book sales and she admits that the March book launch was perfect timing – with more than 40,000 sales across the UK and USA already.
She said: “I can finally tell people I’m a full–time author. My second book, You Are Mine came out June, 1 and is already rising up the charts behind it’s big sister.
“Getting top reviews from the reading public is amazing but a writer has to develop a thick skin in the face of not-so-positive reviews.
“My third novel is due for publication in January and undergoing final edits at the moment and my fourth book is also under way.”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Work begins on Gresley Park site for 600 homes
4 Riverside Close and You Are Mine are both available to buy as E-book or paperback on Amazon.