Hitchin musicians take to the streets of Rio
- Credit: Archant
A group of 45 of musicians including participants from a samba and Brazilian band took to the clubs and streets of Rio de Janeiro.
Hitchin based group Toque Tambor visited the carnival capital last month to perform in a series of shows with artists from the carnival group Monobloco, who have co-written the theme song for this years FIFA World Cup.
The group managed to take part in some events with local artists in some of the city’s most prestigious clubs.
John Paul Toque Tambor’s group leader said: “With our mix of traditional Brazilian carnival songs and English language music, we went down a storm.
“The trip was finished with a traditional parade in the bohemian music area of Rio known as Lapa. It was a trip of a lifetime and one which the members of the group will never forget.”
The group performs regularly at the Rhythms of the World festival.
This summer, during the period of the World Cup, Fabio Allman a singer with Monobloco will be in the UK and Toque Tambor will be doing a series of shows and are looking for anyone interested in the group performing for their event.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
Toque Tambor is also running a new drumming course starting in the coming months.
If you are interested in learning Brazilian rhythms and want to ride the carnival wave this summer get in contact be email on email@example.com or call 07759943737 www.toquetambor.com