Hitchin mum needs help to support homeless with handbags
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-two involved in a campaign to support homeless women is appealing for support.
Tara Robinson, of Kardwell Close in Hitchin, is the regional coordinator for Helping Handbags–- a nationwide campaign to help homeless women by asking people to fill unwanted handbags with snacks, toiletries and sanitary products for them.
Tara, 43, said: “The aim of the campaign is to get as many people as possible to fill up an old or unused handbag with toiletries, sanitary products, socks and snacks and we will distribute them to local charities on or around December 19, just in time for Christmas.
“It is such a great cause to get involved with. The response has been amazing so far, with people messaging me letting me know that they will be donating a bag.”
Filled handbags can be taken to donation stations in Hitchin, at Style Me Hairdressing Ltd in Churchgate or It Works gym on Wilbury Way.
You may also want to watch:
Helping Handbags Worldwide is a non-profit organisation set up by Brenda Dempsey – a woman who has been homeless in the past but is now a successful entrepreneur who wants to help other women in crisis.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/Helping-Handbags-Hertfordshire.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin