Hitchin menace banned from town centre
A MENACE to the public has been banned from entering a town centre. John Chalis, 55, from Hitchin, who committed over 80 counts of anti-social behaviour in the town last year, has been given a three year ASBO by Stevenage magistrates, preventing him fro
A MENACE to the public has been banned from entering a town centre.
John Chalis, 55, from Hitchin, who committed over 80 counts of anti-social behaviour in the town last year, has been given a three year ASBO by Stevenage magistrates, preventing him from entering the centre of Hitchin.
The conditions of the order also ban him from using abusive words or behaviour to any person not of the same household and drinking alcohol in public.
He is able to enter the town centre only to attend the Bancroft doctors' surgery by appointment.
You may also want to watch:
Herts police anti-social behaviour officer Julie-Ann Cundell said: "We have worked closely with the local community and the Crown Prosecution Service to secure this order which will restrain this man's behaviour in the future. We would like to reassure the public that we will robustly tackle people who behave in this way.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision