Hitchin Market Place hits TV screens in Boots Christmas ad
- Credit: Archant
Boots have unveiled their 2018 Christmas advert, with Hitchin Market Place making an appearance.
The beauty retailer took over the historic square and turned it into a winter wonderland last month as part of filming.
The advert delves into the relationship between a mother and daughter with a cover version of Robbie Williams’ 1998 song She’s the One using changed lyrics to tell their story.
The market square features as the girl watches her mum performing as part of a choir, surrounded by Christmas lights and a towering tree.
Boots uploaded the advert to their YouTube channel yesterday and it will be seen on televisions across the country over the festive period.
You may also want to watch:
It’s not the first time the market square will appear on TV.
Late last year, Aldi’s winter-olympic themed advert featuring ice dancing legends Torvill and Dean was filmed there, while it also appears in a number of scenes throughout BBC One drama series Doctor Foster.
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602