Hitchin man spared jail following a string of motor offences
- Credit: Archant
A 30-YEAR-OLD man has been spared jailed after he was found guilty of a string of motor offences.
Robert Watt of Chaucer Way, Hitchin, appeared before Stevenage Magistrates Court on Monday for sentencing,
He had previously been found guilty of aggravated vehicle taking after he took a Ford Transit Index on November 3 2012 in Hitchin without the consent of the owner.
He was also charged with driving above the legal limit on the same day on Willian Road, Letchworth GC.
The third charge related to driving without third party motor insurance and failing to stop after an accident on Willian Road, Letchworth GC.
You may also want to watch:
Watt pleaded not guilty to all the offences but was found guilty on March 11 2013.
He was given a 12 week sentence, suspended for 12 months, and told to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work and to pay £1,000 in compensation.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust