Hitchin man’s new catering business “ruined”
A MAN who had been on the dole for two years has had his mobile catering business “ruined” by thieves just two weeks after setting it up.
Craig Sullivan, of Cadwell Lane, Hitchin, decided to buy a catering van after previous work as a skilled welder, binder and engineer dried up but, following a successful end to last week, he came to collect the vehicle on Monday morning to discover that the generator had been stolen and the kitchen burnt out.
The 39-year-old, who was selling homemade chilli con carne, burgers, sausages and sandwiches under the name of Sullivan’s Cuisine at Hitchin Football Club, is now unsure whether he will be able to start it up again.
Mr Sullivan, who has completed numerous courses in an attempt to find work, said: “Business was very slow to start with but started to pick up on Thursday, with people coming back.
“I’ve got two kids who I’m trying to give money to and just as I’m getting myself on my feet this has happened.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s just ridiculous. Whoever has done this has ruined someone’s business.”
Mr Sullivan’s catering trailer was being kept at Pinchgut Hall, in Bedford Road, Ickleford, to comply with his insurance when the theft and arson took place, at some point between 2.30pm on Saturday and 7.15am on Monday.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema