Hitchin man jailed after drugs bust
A HITCHIN man has been sentenced to 18 months in prison after being found with six kilos of cannabis and thousands of pounds in cash.
Steven Stuart, of Highover Way, was sentenced at Luton Crown Court today (Friday), after pleading guilty to being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs.
The 45-year-old was arrested along with Gareth Latcham, of Ivenhoe, Bucks, in December by officers from the Eastern Region Special Operations Unit in Luton.
Latcham also pleaded guilty to the offence and received the same sentence.
Officers, assisted by Bedfordshire Police’s road unit, searched the car they were in and discovered the drugs and money.
Detective Inspector Geoff Hunt, of the Eastern Region Special Operations Unit, said: “The information we receive about offenders like this is getting through and the public are increasingly reporting their concerns to us.
“We do act on this information and today’s result is an example of just that.”
- 1 Possible changes to bin collections in North Herts
- 2 Two arrests made in connection with Stevenage brawl
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns this week
- 4 Man reportedly 'exposed himself' in front of 14-year-old girl on Thameslink train
- 5 Stevenage stabbings: Three men suffer life-changing injuries
- 6 'Terrible' oil spill in Hitchin river causes multiple bird deaths
- 7 More October railway strikes announced with four unions now on board
- 8 Never say die attitude will always give us a chance says Stevenage hero Dan Sweeney
- 9 Call the Sweeney! Boro nick all three points to notch another Lamex victory
- 10 Stevenage: Four suffer stab wounds in St Nicholas
Anyone with information on organised crime can contact police, in confidence, on 01234 841212, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.