Hitchin man jailed after drugs bust
A HITCHIN man has been sentenced to 18 months in prison after being found with six kilos of cannabis and thousands of pounds in cash.
Steven Stuart, of Highover Way, was sentenced at Luton Crown Court today (Friday), after pleading guilty to being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs.
The 45-year-old was arrested along with Gareth Latcham, of Ivenhoe, Bucks, in December by officers from the Eastern Region Special Operations Unit in Luton.
Latcham also pleaded guilty to the offence and received the same sentence.
Officers, assisted by Bedfordshire Police’s road unit, searched the car they were in and discovered the drugs and money.
Detective Inspector Geoff Hunt, of the Eastern Region Special Operations Unit, said: “The information we receive about offenders like this is getting through and the public are increasingly reporting their concerns to us.
“We do act on this information and today’s result is an example of just that.”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 8 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Work begins on Gresley Park site for 600 homes
Anyone with information on organised crime can contact police, in confidence, on 01234 841212, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.