Hitchin man jailed after drugs bust
A HITCHIN man has been sentenced to 18 months in prison after being found with six kilos of cannabis and thousands of pounds in cash.
Steven Stuart, of Highover Way, was sentenced at Luton Crown Court today (Friday), after pleading guilty to being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs.
The 45-year-old was arrested along with Gareth Latcham, of Ivenhoe, Bucks, in December by officers from the Eastern Region Special Operations Unit in Luton.
Latcham also pleaded guilty to the offence and received the same sentence.
Officers, assisted by Bedfordshire Police’s road unit, searched the car they were in and discovered the drugs and money.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Geoff Hunt, of the Eastern Region Special Operations Unit, said: “The information we receive about offenders like this is getting through and the public are increasingly reporting their concerns to us.
“We do act on this information and today’s result is an example of just that.”
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 7 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 10 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled
Anyone with information on organised crime can contact police, in confidence, on 01234 841212, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.