Hitchin man arrested on suspicion of GBH after train assault
TWO men, one from Hitchin, have been arrested on suspicion of GBH, after a man was left with a broken nose on a train.
British Transport Police (BTP) have arrested a 23-year-old man from Hitchin and a 19-year-old man from Houghton Regis in connection with the incident.
It happened on Sunday, August 5 just after 1.30am on a train between London and Harpenden.
A spokesman from BTP said: “Following the circulation of CCTV images, we were able to identify and arrest two men.
“Both have been questioned and released on police bail pending further enquiries.
“I would like to thank the media and members of the public for their help in identifying these two people.”
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change