Man arrested in connection with Hitchin firearm incident
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a gun being fired in Hitchin yesterday afternoon.
Detectives are continuing their enquiries following the incident which happened in Desborough Road at 3.20pm yesterday.
Armed officers were sent to the scene and the police helicopter also carried out a search.
A Hitchin man was subsequently arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and remains in police custody at this time.
Detective Inspector Jason Thorne, from the North Herts Local Crime Unit, said: "I would like to reassure local residents that incidents of this nature are extremely rare.
You may also want to watch:
"At this time, no one is reported to have been injured and our enquiries are continuing to trace those involved and establish the circumstances around what happened."
If you have any information you believe could be useful to the investigation, please contact Herts police on 101 or online at herts.police.uk/report - referencing ISR 451 of July 22.
You can also report information anonymously to Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111 or via the independent charity's anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 7 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 10 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled