Hitchin man accused of petrol thefts appears in court
- Credit: Getty Images/Creatas RF
A MAN accused of stealing hundreds of pounds of petrol from forecourts in Herts has appeared in court.
Julian Swain, of High Dane, Hitchin, appeared before Hertford Magistrates Court on Monday.
The 44-year-old is charged with four counts of making off without payment from petrol forecourts in Stevenage, Letchworth GC and Baldock, amounting to £368.
He is also charged with one count of receiving stolen goods in Letchworth GC.
All charges are alleged to have happened in November last year.
You may also want to watch:
Swain, who pleaded not guilty to all five charges, will appear again in Hertford on June 3 for trial.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes