Hitchin man, 50, charged with sexual assault on girl, 14
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with sexual assault on a 14-year-old girl.
Michael Gomez, 50, from Wilton Road in Hitchin, has been charged with a sexual offence following an incident which occurred at a bus stop in Hermitage Road, Hitchin, at around 7.20am on Monday.
The girl was approached by the man who she claims touched her shoulder, hair and back after speaking to her.
Mr Gomez has been remanded in custody and is awaiting a court date.
DC Nigel Humphrey, who is investigating, said: “It is likely there were a number of other people around when this incident occurred and I am appealing for them to come forward and contact me.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Humphrey via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101, citing crime reference G1/14/102. Alternatively call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport
- 10 Residents encouraged to have their say on Stevenage's new political map