Hitchin leukaemia battler Oliver braves the waves for great cause
- Credit: Archant
An eight-year-old boy from Hitchin who is currently undergoing treatment for lymphoblastic leukaemia took part in an inspirational sailing trip with the Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust.
Oliver Flynn joined the crew of a yacht for a four-day sailing adventure around the Solent on the south coast.
He said: “I’m not very keen on water, but as soon as I arrived I had so much fun.
“I’ll definitely come back!”
The trips provide a test for youngsters, and encourage them to work as a team.
You may also want to watch:
For more see ellenmacarthurcancertrust.org.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Online Safety Bill concerns after 'perfect storm of abuse'