Hitchin jewellers raise £1,750 for Garden House Hospice
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin jewellers has raised £1,750 for Garden House Hospice thanks to two customer raffles.
Gatwards, in Market Place, raised the money through the events Fashion & Fizz and Gin & Gemstones in November.
Among the lucky raffle winners was Anne Kimpton, who won a three gemstone pendant.
Charlotte Gatward presented Anne with the pendant, and she was delighted with the amount raised.
“As a long established family business in Hitchin, Gatwards love support the local community as much as possible and we felt that the work that Garden House Hospice do is so valuable for our local residents that it was a very worthy cause,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“We are absolutely delighted to have raised such a big sum of money and we feel confident it will greatly help with improving the quality of life for the patients under care at the hospice.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas