New look for Hitchin Information Centre as it reopens to public for first time
- Credit: Archant
The Hitchin Information Centre in Churchyard has reopened to the public with a new lease of life after being refurbished during lockdown.
The Churchyard building, which is occupied by the Hitchin Business Improvement District, provides a hub for business support and offers information on all things Hitchin.
Funding for the refurbishment came from an NHDC Community Facility Capital Grant.
Town centre manager Tom Hardy said: “We are delighted with the space, which is a hub for up to date information on travel, attraction and what’s on in Hitchin.
“This space is stocked with a range of Hitchin gifts and products, as well as prints from local artists and the Art Hub exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
“A special thank you to NHDC for approving the funding which made the Information Centre refurbishment possible.”
The Information Centre is open from 9.30 to 4.30pm Monday to Saturday.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket