Hitchin ice cream team’s helping kids win half-term Snow-Man prize from Badger publishing
- Credit: Archant
An ice cream parlour is set to promote children’s learning through a colouring competition – with books written by a Hitchin author who has already penned 20 titles.
Fabio’s Gelato has teamed up with successful writer Danny Pearson from Stevenage-based Badger Learning, who have provided teaching and learning resources to schools for more than 20 years.
The aim is to encourage youngsters to visit the Hermitage Road parlour for a fun time drawing and colouring characters from their new Snow-Man series. The half term event will run from Saturday to Sunday, February 21, with a ‘like and share’ competition running for the same period on social media. The winners of both will receive a full set of the Snow-Man series as well as ice cream vouchers.
Ice cream ace Fabio Vincenti, who runs the store with wife Hannah, said: “We see so many kids here. It’s great to be able to help promote reading through this event. We hope to see as many youngsters as possible visit us in half term to enter our competition.”
Badger senior publisher Danny, 32, who lives in Keats Way, added: “Reading is extremely important for children.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve known Fabio for years. He’s a good guy and he and Hannah have done brilliantly with their business.
“It just seemed a natural tie-up to promote Badger Learning’s new series, Snow Man, through a colouring competition during half term.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
“As a young child I remember looking at pictures in colouring books and comics – and it got me into reading.
“Badger provides a large number of books and learning resources to schools – not just in Hitchin but nationally.
“We’re renowned for our commitment to supplying quality educational resources which support teachers and inspire pupils to learn. We look forward to seeing the results of our competition.” Find out more about the firm at www.badgerlearning.co.uk.