Firefighters praised after ‘significant house fire’ extinguished in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters rushed to extinguish a blaze in Hitchin last night.
At about 11.20pm, crews were called to Florence Street in Hitchin to a significant house fire.
Alerted by a working smoke alarm, only one resident of the building was affected by smoke inhalation and everyone was safe.
Following the incident, Herts Fire and Rescue Service station commander for Dacorum and St Albans, Lee Slipanczewski, praised the firefighters from Hitchin and Baldock who attended the incident.
He said: "Mobilised by @HertsFRSControl to significant house fire with @HitchinFire1 @baldock31firest thankfully working smoke alarms gave sufficient warning to occupants.
You may also want to watch:
"Safe and assertive firefighting tactics prevented further escalation #TestYourSmokeAlarm @HFRS #StartsWithControl."
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision