Hitchin hosts extras audition for Simon Pegg and Nick Frost film
THE production team behind a new Simon Pegg and Nick Frost film are holding an audition for extras.
Filming for The World’s End is due to start in September with scenes expected to be shot in Letchworth GC during the autumn, as revealed by the Comet last week.
Hollywood A-listers Mr Pegg and Mr Frost will both star in the movie, which is centred on five childhood friends who reunite for an epic pub crawl.
Mr Pegg’s writing partner Edgar Wright will be taking the director’s seat, bringing the trio together again following the success of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
An open casting session for those 16 and over will take place on Tuesday at North Hertfordshire College’s (NHC) Centre for the Arts in Willian Road, Hitchin.
All are welcome any time between 4pm and 8pm, although “people with dance and movement skills” are encouraged to attend.
There is no guarantee of selection but chosen extras will need to be available for a re-call in the coming weeks and have good availability between the dates of October 1 and December 22 in both Letchworth GC and Welwyn Garden City.
- 1 Have your say on plans to redevelop The Forum in Stevenage
- 2 Multiple homes burgled in Letchworth
- 3 Letchworth pond tested and fish removed after animals found dead
- 4 Molly-Mae Hague announces pregnancy in adorable Instagram video
- 5 Stevenage Railway Station: Normal train service resumes after major repairs
- 6 Baby Asian elephant calf named 'Queen' at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 8 Standalone 10k keeps getting better and better says race boss
- 9 100 Herts police officers to carry nasal spray to prevent drug deaths
- 10 Chocolates sold at Tesco stores recalled after health risk discovered
Extras may be required to attend a rehearsal prior to filming dates and a daily fee will be payable for both filming and rehearsal days.
To register your interest email email@example.com or call 07880 186809.
NHC’s second year performing arts students have already attended one casting session for the film which prompted the casting director to approach the college to host a second session.
Letchworth GC town centre manager Lee Boswell has echoed comments made by North Herts District Council leader Lynda Needham after the council confirmed it has been in discussion with production companies Working Title and Big Talk for the film.
He said: “It’s great news that the production is going to be filmed in Letchworth and it will be very exciting to see exactly what locations they decide to film.
“Hopefully they can capture the essence of Letchworth and show the rest of the county what a beautiful and special place the garden city is.”