Hitchin honey beer brews up a winner
- Credit: Archant
A former Hitchin Boys’ School pupil got a fine tipple as a wedding present, when his amateur brewer uncle created three new beers for his big day.
Groom Ross Macdougall said: “I knew my uncle Ewan was planning something. He brewed three beers called Ross’s Ruin, Trouble and Strife, and Wedding Daze. “To have a Hitchin link to the wedding with Hitchin honey for Wedding Daze was a lovely personal touch – and well-received by everyone.”
Ross’ dad John Macdougall, an apiarist at Hitchin’s community bee garden Buzzworks, supplied Ewan Watson with honey to flavour his brews.
Brewer Ewan said: “We decided to add Hitchin honey to Wedding Daze.
“It was great to see my beers didn’t go down too badly with everyone at the wedding. The BBC’s One Show did a piece on my beer after we entered their competition on home-brewed beer. It was unusual to see myself on TV but I think my wife and family enjoyed it.
“The actor Neil Morrisey was a judge on the show and called it ‘a bobby dazzler’.
“I might see if I can get it into the next Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival.”
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour