Hitchin honey beer brews up a winner
- Credit: Archant
A former Hitchin Boys’ School pupil got a fine tipple as a wedding present, when his amateur brewer uncle created three new beers for his big day.
Groom Ross Macdougall said: “I knew my uncle Ewan was planning something. He brewed three beers called Ross’s Ruin, Trouble and Strife, and Wedding Daze. “To have a Hitchin link to the wedding with Hitchin honey for Wedding Daze was a lovely personal touch – and well-received by everyone.”
Ross’ dad John Macdougall, an apiarist at Hitchin’s community bee garden Buzzworks, supplied Ewan Watson with honey to flavour his brews.
Brewer Ewan said: “We decided to add Hitchin honey to Wedding Daze.
“It was great to see my beers didn’t go down too badly with everyone at the wedding. The BBC’s One Show did a piece on my beer after we entered their competition on home-brewed beer. It was unusual to see myself on TV but I think my wife and family enjoyed it.
You may also want to watch:
“The actor Neil Morrisey was a judge on the show and called it ‘a bobby dazzler’.
“I might see if I can get it into the next Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival.”
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?