Hitchin and Letchworth homes burgled as thieves make off with jewellery, cash and Mercedes-Benz
- Credit: Archant
Jewellery, cash and a Mercedes-Benz were stolen as burglars targeted at least three houses in Hitchin and Letchworth yesterday.
At some point between 10.30am and 5.30pm, someone forced their way into a house in The Chilterns, a private street coming off Wymondley Road, and stole jewellery and keys to the Mercedes – which was also stolen.
The thieves entered the property through a side gate before smashing the glass to a patio door and jemmying the door.
A second burglary took place between 4pm and 4.30pm in Wymondley Road, with someone getting in through an insecure patio door at the back of a house before ransacking it.
Cash, watches and Asian gold were stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are linking the Wymondley Road burglary with another in Letchworth’s Quinn Way, which happened between 3.20pm and 3.50pm yesterday.
In that incident, someone entered a rear garden and broke into the house by smashing a pane in the patio doors.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
They searched the property before making off with cash and gold jewellery.
Anyone with information about any of these burglaries should call police on 101, quoting the relevant crime number.
The crime number for the burglary in The Chilterns is G1/17/2905. Quote G1/17/2909 to give information about the burglary in Wymondley Road, and G2/17/2190 to give information about the burglary in Letchworth.