Hitchin hockey players’ cancer charity run to support teammate
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin hockey players ran a 10km charity race in London to support a teammate who is battling cancer.
The team of 10 from Blueharts Hockey Club Ladies 4s ran the 2018 Cancer Research UK London Winter Run through the capital, inspired by teammate Debbie Thomson, from Hitchin.
They raised more than £3,000 for the charity, smashing their original target of £1,000.
Debbie said: “I’m so proud of Blueharts Ladies 4s. Not only are they playing great hockey and fighting for promotion, but they have also been helping me in my fight against breast cancer.
“I just wish I could have been running with them.”
The runners were Jenny Burr, Sam Addison, Sarah Wilmot, Heather Storey, Helen Ferguson, Louise Kenyon, Gina Joseph, Teresa Donald, Alice Winton and honorary fourth-teamer David Addison.
You can still donate to their fundraising total online at bit.ly/2nm0DWf.
- 1 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 2 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 3 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 4 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Come on feel the noise: Tisdale excited to experience a first Stevenage home game