Hitchin hockey players’ cancer charity run to support teammate
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin hockey players ran a 10km charity race in London to support a teammate who is battling cancer.
The team of 10 from Blueharts Hockey Club Ladies 4s ran the 2018 Cancer Research UK London Winter Run through the capital, inspired by teammate Debbie Thomson, from Hitchin.
They raised more than £3,000 for the charity, smashing their original target of £1,000.
Debbie said: “I’m so proud of Blueharts Ladies 4s. Not only are they playing great hockey and fighting for promotion, but they have also been helping me in my fight against breast cancer.
“I just wish I could have been running with them.”
You may also want to watch:
The runners were Jenny Burr, Sam Addison, Sarah Wilmot, Heather Storey, Helen Ferguson, Louise Kenyon, Gina Joseph, Teresa Donald, Alice Winton and honorary fourth-teamer David Addison.
You can still donate to their fundraising total online at bit.ly/2nm0DWf.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation