Hitchin gas leak sees families evacuated from homes on New Year’s Eve
- Credit: Archant
Homes were evacuated in Hitchin this morning after a gas leak.
A fire crew was called at around 10.45am to Brook View, off Ninesprings Way in the town, after a strong smell of gas was reported.
The gas supply was then turned off at around 11.15am after people living nearby were asked to leave to their houses.
A spokesman for Herts Fire Control said: “A home safety check was performed to ensure everything was fine.
“There were no casualties.”