Hitchin garden project given £1,200
- Credit: Archant
A community garden project received more than a thousand pounds from a open garden day event.
The presentation of a cheque for £1,200 was made on Sunday during the Triangle Community Garden Open Day in Hitchin.
The money was raised by Benslow Open Gardens, which saw 12 gardens open to the public to support the Triangle Community Garden projects.
The money raised will be used to buy an extra large pop-up gazebo or roll-out awning for use at the allotment and will also be invested in a new project to create a pollinators’ garden around the group’s central meeting space, which will be renovated and redesigned incorporating an open-air classroom.
The Triangle Garden Community Open Day is currently setting up the first phase of this project by initiating a series of workshops by a mosaic artist to redesign its central mosaic, incorporating designs by groups on the theme of flora and fauna.
You may also want to watch:
There will be eight groups, working on one panel each, with a central panel depicting the groups logo.
The Triangle Garden is currently starting a new Friday morning gardening club which is open to all to find out more visit www.trianglegarden.org
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 7 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602