Hitchin garage sale a big hit for charity
- Credit: Archant
A garage sale which raised more than £4,000 for charity has been hailed a huge success.
Karen Goodfellow hosted the sale of showroom furniture on her drive in The Avenue, Hitchin, over the weekend.
The interior designer decided to hold the sale to raise money for Sue Ryder – a charity that provides compassionate care to people with end of life and long term needs – after her sister died from cancer aged 53 three years ago.
“The charity really helped and supported by sister and we wanted to give something back and do our bit.
“We got really lucky with the weather over the weekend and it was a great event, we had lots of people coming to visit us in a steady stream. The drive was crammed with furniture from sofas, to dining tables, chairs and mirrors. My neighbour very kindly offered his drive to me and the Radcliffe arms were really supportive in helping me promote the event. We still have a lot of furniture and bits to sell so if anyone is interested please feel to contact me.”
You may also want to watch:
To visit Miss Goodfellow and see the furniture still left over call her on 01462 421862.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation