Hitchin garage sale a big hit for charity
- Credit: Archant
A garage sale which raised more than £4,000 for charity has been hailed a huge success.
Karen Goodfellow hosted the sale of showroom furniture on her drive in The Avenue, Hitchin, over the weekend.
The interior designer decided to hold the sale to raise money for Sue Ryder – a charity that provides compassionate care to people with end of life and long term needs – after her sister died from cancer aged 53 three years ago.
“The charity really helped and supported by sister and we wanted to give something back and do our bit.
“We got really lucky with the weather over the weekend and it was a great event, we had lots of people coming to visit us in a steady stream. The drive was crammed with furniture from sofas, to dining tables, chairs and mirrors. My neighbour very kindly offered his drive to me and the Radcliffe arms were really supportive in helping me promote the event. We still have a lot of furniture and bits to sell so if anyone is interested please feel to contact me.”
To visit Miss Goodfellow and see the furniture still left over call her on 01462 421862.
- 1 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout